Tuesday, May 17, 2016

My Neighbor Helped Me With Garage Door Repair

The one problem that around my home which has been giving me trouble lately has been our garage door. With so many moving parts it is no wonder why this garage door system doesn't break down more often. It is probably why I always see Austin garage doors companies in my neighborhood because someone is always having problems.

It looks like something is wrong with part of the door where the metal frame attaches to one of the rollers. It appears to be bent and causing the door to get stuck. I checked it out myself and rather than causing more harm than good, my wife suggested I contact the garage door repair company.

Luckily I have a neighbor who works for a garage door company so he was able to give me a very good deal on repairs. He promptly came over, diagnosed the problem and it turned out that all it needed was a new metal panel. Since the other one was worn out, the rollers were not operating properly and that caused the garage door to stop moving.

Thankfully everything is now working right and my garage door is fully operational! Glad it was an easy fix, because replacing the door is not something I wanted to spend money on.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for helpful neighbors! That is really handy that your neighbor was able to come over and give you a hand. I work in a trade field and often help out those in need whenever I can. Hopefully your garage door system will be in good operating order from now on!

    ReplyDelete